Over the night from 25 to 26 February 1992 the Armenians surrounded and shelled Khojaly town. With my family we tried to break out of the encirclement, but the Armenians captured us and put into the cell. There were more than 25 of my countrymen. The Armenians tortured and beat us every day; some of us were killed, shot and beheaded. I remember the following:
- Fakhraddin Bahadir Salimov, born in 1960 – one Armenian killed him hitting his head with a barrel of machine gun.
- Elkhan Nasib, born in 1962 – the Armenians took him from the cell and shot.
- Mobil, born in 1968 – the Armenians killed him cruelly by kicking and beating with batons and barrels of machine gun.
- 55-years-old Huseyn (his mother’s name was Marish) – the Armenians took him from our cell to the adjacent one, began to beat him cruelly and then shot.
- Vidadi, born in 1965, and Murvat, born in 1974 – after taking away from the cell the Armenians beheaded them.
- My neighbor Faiq Shahmali, born in 1969 – was shot by Armenian captain Karo.
At the time we were in Khojaly Karo was known as a hangman. He was the head of the Fire Prevention Division. He was tall, broad-shouldered and had black moustache.